Nowadays, internet technology is just like a good servant and a bad master. Because if we can’t maintain secrecy in our accounts, our life and personal data will be useless and may cause trouble too.
At this time, privacy is the priority, so to solve the problems related to secrecy and save the account from hackers, two-step verification is used in practice.
What is two-step verification?
Two-step verification (2-step verification) is a security feature that adds an extra security layer to protect accounts from unauthorized use. Two-step verification is the option which requires additional information to get logged in or access any registered account.
Using two-step verification features, you can secure any accounts strongly. Two-step verification is an important feature in any online account, requiring a confirmation message code to access any account.
How does 2-factor authentication work?
After reading all about what is 2 step verification, it is clear that two-step verification is a part of the security of any online account. For example, if hackers crack your Gmail account, then hackers can easily log in to your account using the password of your Gmail account.
But if you had enabled Two-step verification in your Gmail account, hackers can’t access your Gmail account to log in to your Gmail account, although he has your Gmail password.
Because the server automatically sends you an OTP message to the registered mobile number.
Be sure you have to use your working mobile number in two-step verification, making it easy to trace out who wants to access your Gmail account.
Why is two-factor authentication necessary?
2-factor authentication is becoming a compulsory method to protect online accounts from other users, although they have our account passwords.
The main reason to enable two-factor authentication online is to save the accounts from unknown and other users using any devices. To get access to any account, an OTP is needed. The account can’t open or come in use until the OTP or confirmation code is used.
Therefore, two-step verification is a more powerful security layer for any online account because it requires an OTP after Password.
How effective is two-factor authentication?
If the users have enabled two-step verification in/her account, then at the time of enabling this feature, users have to verify the valid mobile number.
So, after verifying the mobile number, the next time, users must enter a confirmation code or OTP sent to the verified mobile number and the username and password.
In the case of hackers and other people, accessing the account where this feature is enabled becomes impossible because the users have to enter a confirmation code, which is sent to the real account holder’s mobile number.
Can two-step verification be hacked?
In the era of the internet, nothing is impossible. So, we can’t be 100% sure about anything on the internet because all things have a dual effect (positive and negative).
Hacking any online account is impossible for normal people but somehow possible for hackers. If we talk about a two-step verification security system, then it is not an easy way to bypass any account security layer and get access to it.
To hack two-step verification is impossible because it contains an advance and most powerful security layer which saves your account although the correct password is used.
How do I secure my Gmail account?
The most powerful method to secure any online account, including a Gmail account, is using two-step verification. By enabling two-step verification in your Gmail account, you can monitor your Gmail account. What is Two-step verification provides an extra security layer to your Gmail account and saves your account from hackers and attackers online. So, to secure your Gmail account, you have to set a strong and unique password. Also, you have to turn on or enable what is two-step verification (Verify) in your Gmail account.
How do you verify your Google account or enable two-step verification?
To enable two-step verification in your Google account, you can follow these simple steps.
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/ from any browser (Recommend: Google Chrome)
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Go to ‘Security’ Options.
- Tap on 2-Step Verification.
- Again, enter your Gmail password.
- In the ‘Signing into Google’ option, you have to choose ‘2-step verification.
- Click/ Tap on ‘Get Started
- In ‘Choose another option, you can choose either ‘Security is key’ or ‘Text message or video call’. Choose any of them and tap or click on “SEE THE PROMT SENT NOW.”
- Now in the next step, it automatically identifies the number through which the Gmail account is created. So, you have two options to choose ‘Text message’ or ‘Phone call’.
- Choose anyone and tap on NEXT.
- In “Confirm that it works”, it will send you a message (if you choose text message) or make a call (if you choose phone call). In the context of a text message, you have to enter the code and tap on NEXT.
- Tap on or Click on ‘TURN ON.
- Finally Done!
How do I turn off 2-step verification on Gmail without a phone?
You can turn off 2-step verification on your Gmail account easily by using your computer or device and registered mobile number. To turn off 2 step verification on Gmail, you have to follow these simple steps,
- Log in and go to https://myaccount.google.com/
- Select security, then 2-step verification.
- Enter your password in the login options and enter the confirmation code or OTP received in your mobile number.
- Simply tap on ‘TURN OFF.’